31. A drill considered as a cutting tool having zero rake, is known as a
A. flat drill
B. straight fluted drill
C. parallel shank twist drill
D. tapered shank twist drill
32. Which of the following statement is wrong about ultra-sonic machining?
A. It is best suited for machining hard and brittle materials.
B. It cuts materials at very slow speeds.
C. It removes large amount of material.
D. It produces good surface finish.
33. In oblique cutting system, the maximum chip thickness occurs at the middle.
34. Larger end cutting edge angle __________ tool life.
C. does not affect
35. The lead screw of a lathe has __________ threads.
A. single start
B. double start
D. any one of these
36. A left hand tool on a lathe cuts most efficiently when it travels
A. from left to right end of the lathe bed
B. from right to left end of the lathe bed
C. with the help of a compound slide
D. across the bed
37. The correct sequence of tool materials in increasing order of their ability to retain their hot hardness is
A. carbide, ceramic, cermet, borazon
B. ceramic, carbide, borazon, cermet
C. cermet, carbide, ceramic, borazon
D. borazon, ceramic, carbide, cermet
38. Which of the following statement is incorrect with reference of lathe cutting tools?
A. The flank of the tool is the surface or surfaces below and adjacent to the cutting edges
B. The nose is the corner, arc or chamfer joining the side cutting and the end cutting edges
C. The heel is that part of the tool which is shaped to produce the cutting edges and face
D. The base is that surface of the shank which bears against the support and takes tangent pressure of the cut
39. In the relation VTn = C, the value of n for carbide tools is
A. 0.1 to 0.2
B. 0.20 to 0.25
C. 0.25 to 0.40
D. 0.40 to 0.55
40. In up milling, the thickness of chip is
A. minimum at the beginning of the cut and maximum at the end of the cut
B. maximum at the beginning of the cut and minimum at the end of the cut
C. uniform throughout the cut
D. none of these