1. What type of failure occurs when Oracle fails due to an operating system or computer hardware failure?
A. Application failure
B. Instance Failure
C. Media Failure
D. Rollback failure
2. Which statement about sequences is not true?
A. A sequence is an object that generates a sequential series of unique numbers.
B. Sequences are most often used to provide values for surrogate keys.
C. NextVal and CurrVal are both sequence methods.
D. Sequences guarantee valid surrogate key values.
3. Which prefixes are available to Oracle triggers?
A. :new only
B. :old only
C. Both :new and :old
D. Neither :new nor :old
4. In creating a procedure, you may get a message if you have compile errors. Which of the following is true?
A. The line numbers reported match the line numbers you see in your text editor.
B. SQL*Plus will automatically show the errors to you.
C. To see the errors, enter SHOW ERRORS in SQL*Plus.
D. If there are no syntax errors, you will receive the message “NO ERRORS.”
5. Which of the following is not true about indexes?
A. Indexes are created to enforce uniqueness on columns.
B. Indexes are created to enable fast retrieval by column values.
C. Columns that are frequently used with equal conditions in WHERE clauses are good candidates for indexes.
D. Indexes are created with the ALTER TABLE command.