6. What are the decimal and hexadecimal equivalents for the binary number 10110111?
7. What is the purpose of flow control?
A. To ensure that data is retransmitted if an acknowledgment is not received.
B. To reassemble segments in the correct order at the destination device.
C. To provide a means for the receiver to govern the amount of data sent by the sender.
D. To regulate the size of each segment.
8. Which three statements are true about the operation of a full-duplex Ethernet network?
1. There are no collisions in full-duplex mode.
2. A dedicated switch port is required for each full-duplex node.
3. Ethernet hub ports are preconfigured for full-duplex mode.
4. In a full-duplex environment, the host network card must check for the availability of the network media before transmitting.
5. The host network card and the switch port must be capable of operating in full-duplex mode.
A. 1, 2, and 5
B. 2 and 4
C. 2, 3 and 4
D. 5 only
9. Which of the following are types of flow control?
4. Congestion avoidance
A. 1 and 2
B. 1, 3 and 4
C. 2 only
D. 3 only
10. What are two purposes for segmentation with a bridge?
1. To add more broadcast domains.
2. To create more collision domains.
3. To add more bandwidth for users.
4. To allow more broadcasts for users.
A. 1 only
B. 2 and 3
C. 2 and 4
D. 4 only