16. How many oxygen molecules are required in the fermentation of one molecule of glucose to ethanol and CO2?
17. Most bacterial fermentations yield how many net ATP molecules per molecule of glucose?
18. The amount of ATP produced by a cell from glucose when metabolizing it by fermentation means is
A. greater than by aerobic metabolism
B. lesser than by aerobic metabolism
C. exactly or approximately equal to by aerobic metabolism
D. none of these
19. Which one of the following is produced in the greatest numbers during one turn of the Krebs cycle?
20. Aerobic respiration differs from anaerobic respiration in which of the following respects?
A. Anaerobic respiration is glycolysis
B. Aerobic respiration requires the electron transport chain
C. The final electron acceptors are different
D. Aerobic respiration produces less ATP