11. In lactic acid fermentation, the final electron acceptor would be
12. The amount of ATP that can be obtained by complete oxidation of a glucose by a bacterium is
A. greater than by a yeast cell
B. lesser than by a yeast cell
C. exactly or approximately equal to by a yeast cell
D. none of these
13. Which of the following is accomplished in chemiosmosis?
A. The oxidation of ATP
B. The oxidation of water
C. The oxidation of NADH
D. The oxidation of CO2
14. A yeast or fungal cell produces how many net ATP molecules per molecule of glucose when completely oxidized?
15. Before most molecules can enter the Krebs citric acid cycle, they must be converted to
A. citric acid
B. oxaloacetic acid
C. NADH or FADH