1. The maximum or minimum value of the swaying couple is
2. For an involute gear, the ratio of base circle radius and pitch circle radius is equal to
A. sin φ
B. cos φ
C. sec φ
D. cosec φ
3. A chain consisting of four links and four joints is called a kinematic chain.
4. Which of the following is an open pair?
A. Ball and socket joint
B. Journal bearing
C. Lead screw and nut
D. Cam and follower
5. The frictional torque transmitted in a flat pivot bearing with the assumption of uniform pressure is __________ as compared to uniform wear.
6. A reed type tachometer use the principle of
A. longitudinal vibration
B. torsional vibration
C. transverse vibration
D. damped free vibration
7. The natural frequency of free transverse vibrations due to a point load acting over a simply supported shaft is equal to (where δ = Static deflection of a simply supported shaft due to the point load)
8. When the sleeve of a Porter governor moves upwards, the governor speed
C. remains unaffected
D. first increases and then decreases
9. The retardation of a flat faced follower when it has the contact at the apex of the nose of a circular arc cam is given by (where OQ = Distance between the center of circular flank and center of the nose)
A. ω2 x OQ
B. ω2 x OQ sin θ
C. ω2 x OQ cos θ
D. ω2 x OQ tan θ
10. A thin circular disc is rolling with a uniform linear speed, along with a straight path on a plane surface. Which of the following statement is correct in this regard?
A. All points of the disc have the same velocity
B. The center of the disc has zero acceleration
C. The center of the disc has centrifugal acceleration
D. The point on the disc making contact with the plane surface has zero acceleration