41. In a shaper mechanism, the Coriolis component of acceleration does not exist.
42. In a gear having involute teeth, the normal to the involute is a tangent to the
A. pitch circle
B. base circle
C. addendum circle
D. dedendum circle
43. A body is said to be under forced vibrations, when
A. there is a reduction in amplitude after every cycle of vibration
B. no external force acts on a body, after giving it an initial displacement
C. a body vibrates under the influence of the external force
D. none of the above
44. The natural frequency of free longitudinal vibrations is equal to (where m = Mass of the body, s = Stiffness of the body, and δ = Static deflection of the body)
D. any one of these
45. The radius of a friction circle for a shaft rotating inside a bearing is (where r = Radius of the shaft, and tan φ = Coefficient of friction between the shaft and bearing)
46. The maximum and minimum value of the tractive force is given by
47. In a turning moment diagram, the variations of energy above and below the mean resisting torque line is called
A. fluctuation of energy
B. maximum fluctuation of energy
C. coefficient of fluctuation of energy
D. none of these
48. In a spring controlled governor, when the controlling force __________ as the radius of rotation increases, it is said to be a stable governor.
A. remains constant
49. The distance between the center of suspension and center of percussion is equal to the equivalent length of a simple pendulum.
50. When the body is suspended at the point of suspension, its periodic time and frequency will be __________ as compared to the body suspended at the point of percussion.
B. two times
C. four times