31. R factors involved in plant-microbe interactions are
A. plant proteins
B. bacterial proteins
C. essential for the transfer of DNA to plant cells
D. also called opines
32. Which of the following is used by microbial geneticists as a tool?
C. Transposable elements
D. All of these
33. Which of the following type of recombination does not require homologous sequences and is utilized by mobile genetic elements that move about chromosomes?
A. Mutagenic recombination
B. Site-specific recombination
C. Replicative recombination
D. General recombination
34. Which of the following term describes the relationship between a virus and host where no new viral particles are produced and the viral genome is replicated along with the host chromosome?
35. Inverted repeat sequences at each end and a gene encoding transposase is contained in which of the following transposable element?
A. Composite transposon
B. Insertion element