16. Diagnostic DNA probes have been developed for
A. Mycobacterium tuberculosis
B. Hepatitis B virus
C. Human immunodeficiency virus
D. all of the above
17. Which of the following statement(s) is/are true in regards to F+x F– mating events?
A. DNA is transferred from F–to F+cells
B. DNA is transferred from F+to F–cells
C. No DNA is transferred because F–cells are unable to perform the conjugation
D. No DNA is transferred because F+cells are unable to perform the conjugation
18. Which of the following type of recombination does not require homologous sequences and is important for the integration of viral genomes into bacterial chromosomes?
A. Mutagenic recombination
B. Site-specific recombination
C. Replicative recombination
D. General recombination
19. What information can be generated by interrupted mating experiments?
A. Levels of DNA homology
B. Bacterial genome maps
C. DNA nucleotide sequences
D. Proteomics of the bacteria
20. Which of the following transport bacterial DNA to other bacteria via bacteriophages?