21. When composite transposons are formed
A. a small deletion occurs in the transposase gene of an IS element
B. a small deletion occurs in the transposase gene of an IS element and plasmid is integrated
C. an IS element integrates with another IS element with the help of a plasmid
D. two IS elements integrate into a chromosome with only a small distance separating them
22. Which of the following plasmids do not possess information for self-transfer to another cell?
A. Cryptic plasmids
B. Conjugative plasmids
C. Non-conjugative plasmids
D. None of these
23. The term used for acquisition of naked DNA from its environment and its incorporation in their genome by a bacterium is
B. lysogenic conversion
24. What is the term used for a bacterial cell that is able to take up naked DNA?
25. Penicillin resistance in staphylococci is acquired due to