1. Fructose is metabolized by
A. fructose 1-phosphate pathway
B. fructose 6-phosphate pathway
C. glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate pathway
D. both (a) and (b)
2. A common way that cells capture the energy released during the breakdown of large molecules is to add electrons to smaller, specialized molecules that can accept them. This process of electron acceptance is otherwise known as
3. Humans are unable to digest
B. complex carbohydrates
C. denatured proteins
4. How many ATP equivalents per mole of glucose input are required for gluconeogenesis?
5. Which of the following compounds is responsible for the coordinated regulation of glucose and glycogen metabolism?
B. Fructose 2,6 bisphosphate
D. Fructose 1,6 bisphosphate