1. In a __________ protocol, bacteria with engineered abilities to detoxify pollutants are intentionally released in an area.
A. microcosm establishment
2. The controversy regarding the use of Bt corn is that it
A. is potentially harmful to monarch butterflies
B. is a potential allergen to humans
C. both (a) and (b)
D. can contaminate groundwater
3. Metabolic interference is a term used to describe a method to metabolize a compound and prevent the synthesis of something that is normally produced. What compound(s) have been targeted for metabolic interference in tomato?
A. ACC (1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid)
B. SAM (S-adenosylmethionine)
C. Both (a) and (b)
D. AOA (aminooxyacetic acid)
4. Starch content of potatoes can be increased by using a bacterial gene, known as
A. sucrose phosphate synthase gene
B. ADP glucose pyrophosphorylase gene
C. polygalacturonase gene
D. none of the above
5. Which tropical fruit crop has been successfully engineered to be protected against a lethal virus?
A. Passion fruit