1. Which of the following statements is true about symmetric multiprocessing?
A. A single copy of the operating system resides in each processor.
B. Useful for situations where data must remain in memory to process.
C. Bottlenecks increase with uniprocessor systems because tasks are not shared.
D. The problems of memory contention are unlikely.
2. Which of the following items are not necessary for the client/server?
A. Assure that tools will connect with middleware.
B. Understand the requirements.
C. Determine network bandwidth capabilities.
D. Include the use of a file server.
3. A benefit of the three-tier architecture is which of the following?
A. New modules can be built to support specific business needs
B. Performance improves for compiled SQL statements
C. Results in a thinner client and database server
D. All of the above.
4. Which of the following statements is true concerning JDBC?
A. It is language independent.
B. It is similar in concept to ODBC.
C. It is useful for all object-oriented languages.
D. It consists of three main layers.
5. A characteristic of a file server is which of the following?
A. Manages file operations and is shared on a network.
B. Manages file operations and is limited to one PC.
C. Acts as a fat client and is shared on a network.
D. Acts as a fat client and is limited to one PC.