1. How many molecules of ATPs are synthesized per NADH oxidation?
2. Why is the TCA cycle the central pathway of metabolism of the cell?
A. It occurs in the center of the cell
B. Its intermediates are commonly used by other metabolic reactions
C. All other metabolic pathways depend upon it
D. None of the above
3. In what form does the product of glycolysis enter the TCA cycle?
4. Malate-aspartate shuttle operates in
A. lungs and liver
B. heart and liver
C. pancreas and liver
D. none of these
5. Oxidation of a molecule involves
A. gain of electron
B. loss of electron
C. gain of proton
D. loss of proton