11. Which of the following is a layer 2 protocol used to maintain a loop-free network?
12. You need to allow one host to be permitted to attach dynamically to each switch interface. Which two commands must you configure on your catalyst switch to meet this policy?
1. Switch(config-if)# ip access-group 10
2. Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security maximum 1
3. Switch(config)# access-list 10 permit ip host 1
4. Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security violation shutdown
5. Switch(config)# mac-address-table secure
A. 1 and 3
B. 2 and 4
C. 2, 3 and 5
D. 4 and 5
13. What command will display the forward/filter table?
A. show mac filter
B. show run
C. show mac address-table
D. show mac filter-table
14. If a switch receives a frame and the source MAC address is not in the MAC address table but the destination address is, what will the switch do with the frame?
A. Discard it and send an error message back to the originating host
B. Flood the network with the frame
C. Add the source address and port to the MAC address table and forward the frame out the destination port
D. Add the destination to the MAC address table and then forward the frame
15. What is the result of segmenting a network with a bridge (switch)?
1. It increases the number of collision domains.
2. It decreases the number of collision domains.
3. It increases the number of broadcast domains.
4. It decreases the number of broadcast domains.
5. It makes smaller collision domains.
6. It makes larger collision domains.
A. 1 and 5
B. 2, 3 and 5
C. 3, 4 and 6
D. 1, 3 and 6
16. What are the distinct functions of layer 2 switching that increase available bandwidth on the network?
1. Address learning
3. Forwarding and filtering
4. Creating network loops
5. Loop avoidance
6. IP addressing
A. 1, 3 and 5
B. 2, 4 and 6
C. 2 and 6
D. 3 and 5