6. Which of the following statement is true?
A. A switch creates a single collision domain and a single broadcast domain. A router creates a single collision domain.
B. A switch creates separate collision domains but one broadcast domain. A router provides a separate broadcast domain.
C. A switch creates a single collision domain and separate broadcast domains. A router provides a separate broadcast domain as well.
D. A switch creates separate collision domains and separate broadcast domains. A router provides separate collision domains.
7. You have two switches connected together with two crossover cables for redundancy, and STP is disabled. Which of the following will happen between the switches?
A. The routing tables on the switches will not update.
B. The MAC forward/filter table will not update on the switch.
C. Broadcast storms will occur on the switched network.
D. The switches will automatically load-balance between the two links.
8. Layer 2 switching provides which of the following?
1. Hardware-based bridging (ASIC)
2. Wire speed
3. Low latency
4. Low cost
A. 1 and 3
B. 2 and 4
C. 1, 2 and 4
D. All of the above
9. Your switch has a port status LED that is alternating between green and amber. What could this indicate?
A. The port is experiencing errors.
B. The port is shut down.
C. The port is in STP blocking mode.
D. Nothing; this is normal.
10. You want to run the new 802.1w on your switches. Which of the following would enable this protocol?
A. Switch(config)# spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst
B. Switch# spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst
C. Switch(config)# spanning-tree mode 802.1w
D. Switch# spanning-tree mode 802.1w