1. Which of the following articles can be sterilized in an autoclave?
B. Culture media
C. Dressing material
D. All of these
2. Which of the following disinfectants act by disrupting microbial membranes?
A. Cationic detergents
C. Heavy metals
3. Which of the following is best to sterilize heat-labile solutions?
A. Dry heat
C. Membrane filtration
4. The time required to kill 90% of the microorganisms in a sample at a specific temperature is the
A. decimal reduction time
B. thermal death point
C. F value
D. D value
5. Which of the following is best used for long term storage of microbial samples when carried out properly?
A. Storage in a freezer at -10°C
B. Storage in a freezer at ultra-low temperatures (-70°C)
C. Storage in a refrigerator on an agar slant
D. Storage on a Petri plate at room temperature