1. Agarose gel electrophoresis and pulsed field gel electrophoresis may be used to resolve respectively
A. 2000 kb and 20kb DNA
B. 1000 kb and l0kb DNA
C. 20 kb and 2000 kb DNA
D. 10 kb and 1000 kb DNA
2. The IPTG is a gratuitous inducers of (β-galactosidase, and x-gal is a chromogenic substrate. When αcomplementation occurs which colour is produced?
D. No colour is produced
3. The competitive immunoassay can be used
A. to detect very small amounts of antigen
B. to detect antibody associated with allergies (IgE)
C. both (a) and (b)
D. commonly to detect trace amounts of drugs.
4. Which of the following is an immunodiffusion test?
B. Gel diffusion
C. Ouchterloney technique
D. All of these
5. In Counter immunoelectrophoresis
A. electrophoresis will drive the antibody and antigen parallel to each other
B. electrophoresis will drive the antibody and antigen toward each other
C. the antibody will migrate towards anode
D. the antibody will migrate towards cathode