1. Which of the following immune cells would have an especially low count in a patient with advanced AIDS?
A. Killer T lymphocytes
B. Helper T lymphocyte
C. B lymphocytes
D. None of these
2. In cellular immunity, T lymphocytes are responsible for the recognition and killing of foreign invaders. The cells are
A. cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL)
B. killer T cells
C. both (a) and (b)
D. none of the above
3. Plasma cells produce thousands of __________ that are released into the bloodstream
C. helper T cells
D. virus fragments
4. If a person is vaccinated against a disease sometime in the past, which of the following is currently in your body?
A. The disease organism itself and antigens for the disease organism
B. A very high level of antibodies against the disease antigens
C. Memory B lymphocytes for the antigen of this disease organism
D. All of the above
5. What is a protein produced by host cells infected by viruses?