1. Which of the following is not used for detection in GC?
A. Infrared spectroscopy
C. Flame ionization
D. Electrical conductivity
2. Which of these effects result from the slow injection of a large sample volume?
A. Increased resolution
B. Decreased resolution
C. Non-linear detector response
D. Constant resolution
3. The GC trace obtained after an experiment is called a
4. Which of the following detectors give concentration-dependent signals?
A. Electron-capture detector
B. Thermal conductivity
C. Infra-red detector
D. All of these
5. What useful information can be found from a Van Deemter plot?
A. The selectivity factor
B. Optimum mobile phase flow rate
C. Optimum column temperature
D. Optimum column length