1. Some types of variation are due to changes in the genetic material. What is this type of change called?
2. Which of the following is the process of choosing parent organisms for the characteristics that is wanted in their offspring?
A. Active selection
B. Reproductive selection
C. Selective breeding
D. Breeding selection
3. Which protein has been produced generating a transgenic sheep that is used for replacement therapy for individuals at risk from emphysema?
A. Plasminogen activator (tPA)
B. α-anti trypsin (AAT)
D. Amyloid precursor proteins
4. Which of the following is the word used to describe what happens when the nucleus of a sperm joins with the nucleus of an egg cell?
5. DNA into fish is injected into
C. both (a) and (b)
D. none of these