Current Affairs 30th November
- Guru Nanak Jayanti or Gurpurab is being celebrated with religious fervor across India and the world today.
- India hosts the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of Government Meeting in the virtual format today.
Current Affairs 26th November
- Constitution Day is celebrated across the country. The day is celebrated to mark the adoption of the Indian Constitution by the Constituent Assembly.
- Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona has passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest at the age of 60. He is best known for leading Argentina to the 1986 World Cup title.
Current Affairs 25th November
- New Zealand’s Greg Barclay has been elected as the International Cricket Council’s new independent chairman.
- Senior Congress leader and party treasurer Ahmed Patel (71) passed away at a Delhi hospital due to multiple organ failure.
- The Malayalam film Jallikattu has been picked by the Film Federation of India as this year’s Oscar entry in the Best International Feature Film category.
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed today.
Current Affairs 24th November
- Delhi Crime has become the first Indian show to win an International Emmy Award. The show has gone on to bag the Best Drama Series award at the 48th International Emmy Awards which was held virtually this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Martyrdom Day of Guru Tegh Bahadur was observed all over India today.
- The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve (PTR) and the Uttar Pradesh Forest department have bagged the first-ever international award, TX2, for doubling the number of tigers in four years against a target of 10 years. TX2 stands for “Tigers times two”, signaling the goal to double the population of wild tigers by 2022.
Current Affairs 23rd November
- India will host the G20 summit in 2023 instead of 2022. It was decided that the G20 Presidency will be held by Indonesia in 2022, India in 2023, and Brazil in 2024.
- Former Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi died of multiple organ failure in Guwahati at the age of 84.
- Daniil Medvedev beat Dominic Thiem 4-6, 7-6, 6-4 to win ATP Tour Finals in London.
Current Affairs 22nd November
- The Reserve Bank of India has become the first monetary authority in the world to have more than 1 million followers on its official Twitter handle.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organization in the world, is celebrating its 72nd Raising Day today.
Current Affairs 21st November
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi attend the 15th G20 Summit beginning today. The two-day Summit will be chaired by Saudi Arabia and the theme is “Realising the Opportunities of the 21st Century for All”. The meeting will be held in a virtual format.
- Today is World Television Day.
- Scientists have discovered the oldest known human-made nanomaterials in the “unique black coatings” of ancient pottery shards — dated to 600 BC — unearthed from an archaeological site in Keeladi, Tamil Nadu.
Current Affairs 20th November
- Today is World Children’s Day.
- The Booker Prize of the year 2020 was won by Douglas Stuart for his debut novel “Shuggie Bain”.
Current Affairs 19th November
- Today is World Toilet Day. This day is being observed to create awareness about sanitation and encourage people to use toilets.
- Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Minister of State, Jal Shakti, Rattan Lal Kataria conferred the Swachhata Awards 2020 on the 20 best performing districts.
Current Affairs 18th November
- The four-day celebrations of Chhath Puja began today in different parts of the country.
- The Women’s Under-17 football World Cup in India, which was initially postponed to next year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, was canceled by FIFA yesterday, but India was handed the hosting rights of the 2022 edition.
- World COPD Day is celebrated today. COPD stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- The former President of the United States Barack Obama published a memoir called “A Promised Land”. It is the first of the two volumes that Obama had written during his tenure as President of the United States which is between 2009 and 2017.
Current Affairs 17th November
- The Navies of India, the US, Australia, and Japan today began the second phase of the Malabar naval exercise in the northern Arabian Sea.
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission today presented a copy of its report to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Kris Gopalakrishnan, the former co-chairman and co-founder of Infosys was appointed as the first Chairperson of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub.
Current Affairs 16th November
- National Press Day is observed on November 16th every year to commemorate the institution of the Press Council of India.
- Nitish Kumar was sworn-in as Chief Minister of Bihar for the seventh time today.
- Today is the International Day for Tolerance.
- Four astronauts reached orbit on a SpaceX rocket after lifting off from Florida, in the company’s first regular NASA mission to the International Space Station. The Crew Dragon capsule becomes the first spacecraft to be certified by NASA after 40 years. The Crew-1 mission marks a crucial milestone in the development of a space industry in which private-sector companies provide business and tourism services in low-earth orbit.
Current Affairs 15th November
- Nitish Kumar will be the Chief Minister of Bihar for the seventh time. The JD (U) leader was today elected unanimously the leader of the National Democratic Alliance.
- Veteran actor and Dadasaheb Phalke award recipient Soumitra Chatterjee passed away at a Kolkata Nursing home today. He was 85.
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, or RCEP, was signed virtually by 15 countries on the sidelines of the annual summit of the 10-nation Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). On November 4, 2019, India walked out of the mega free trade agreement RCEP as negotiations failed to address India’s outstanding issues and concerns.
Current Affairs 14th November
- Festival of Lights Diwali is being celebrated with traditional fervor across the country.
- The nation is remembering the first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on his birth anniversary today. The day is celebrated as Children’s Day.
- India successfully test-fired Quick Reaction surface-to-air missile (QRSAM) system off the coast of Balasore, Odisha.
- Sadat Rahman Shakib from Bangladesh won the International Children’s Peace Prize 2020 for setting up his social organization and mobile app ‘Cyber Teens’ to stop cyberbullying.
Current Affairs 13th November
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar, and National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur through video conferencing on 5th Ayurveda Day.
- The festival of Dhanteras is being celebrated in different parts of the country today.
- The World Health Organization announced that it is to set up a traditional medicine center in India.
Current Affairs 12th November
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the third set of measures under the government’s Atmanirbhar Bharat package. These stimulus measures announced under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat 3.0 will provide a boost to employment, agriculture, infrastructure, manufacturing, housing, and research and development of the Covid-19 vaccine in the country.
- India’s gross domestic product or GDP contracted 23.9 percent in the April-June period.
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is being observed today. The day is celebrated every year to commemorate the only visit of Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
- The world’s longest-serving Prime Minister, Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa of Bahrain, passed away yesterday. He was 84.
Current Affairs 11th November
- The ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) has retained power in Bihar. It has secured an absolute majority in 243 member assembly. NDA got 125 seats, while the opposition Grand Alliance got 110 seats.
- In Madhya Pradesh, the BJP has bagged 19 out of 28 seats where bypolls were held. Opposition Congress has won nine seats.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu today virtually presented the Second National Water Awards. Tamil Nadu bagged the Best State Award. Maharashtra secured second and Rajasthan got the third prize.
- Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals by 5 wkts to clinch IPL 2020 title. Trent Boult was named Player of the Match. This is Mumbai Indians’ fifth IPL title.
- Today is National Education Day. This day is observed every year to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India.
Current Affairs 10th November
- In Bihar, NDA is leading in 123 assembly seats and has won 4 seats while Grand Alliance has won 3 seats and is leading in 103 seats. Counting is also underway for the by-election to the state Assemblies in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Karnataka, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, and Telangana.
- World Science Day for Peace and Development is being observed today.
- World number five Daniil Medvedev defeated Alexander Zverev 5-7, 6-4, 6-1 in the Paris Masters final to clinch his eighth ATP title.
Current Affairs 9th November
- The NK Singh-headed 15th Finance Commission, the body that decides the shares of the Centre and states in all taxes and revenues of the nation, submitted its final report to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Indian-American Vivek Murthy named one of the three co-chairs of the COVID-19 Advisory Board that will guide President-elect Joe Biden on dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
Current Affairs 8th November
- Union Government decides to change the name of the Ministry of Shipping and it will be known as the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- India, US, Japan, and Australia concluded the first phase of the Malabar naval exercise in the Bay of Bengal.
Current Affairs 7th November
- Democrat Joe Biden has defeated President Donald Trump to become the 46th president of the United States. He is the oldest ever to hold the title at the age of 77 years. He is the second Catholic president in US history. John F Kennedy was the first.
- Kamala Harris has made history as the first woman, the first Black American, and the first Asian American Vice President of America.
- Indian diplomat Vidisha Maitra elected to the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), a subsidiary organ of the General Assembly.
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) has successfully launched its latest earth observation satellite (EOS-01), as well as nine satellites from customer nations, onboard the PSLV-C49 launch vehicle from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Andhra Pradesh’s Sriharikota today.
- Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha today took oath as the Chief Information Commissioner, CIC. President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath to Mr. Sinha at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Voting for the third and final phase of the 2020 Bihar assembly elections held today in 78 assembly seats.
Current Affairs 6th November
- John Pombe Magufuli sworn-in as the President of Tanzania.
- Army Chief General MM Naravane has been conferred the honorary rank of General of the Nepali Army by President Bidya Devi Bhandari in Kathmandu.
- Enhanced PINAKA rocket, developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO has been successfully flight tested from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Mumbai Indians reach the final of IPL after defeating Delhi Capitals in the qualifier.
Current Affairs 3rd November
- Polling was held today for the second phase of assembly elections in Bihar. 94 constituencies spread over 17 districts went to polls in this phase.
- Voting for by-elections in 54 assembly seats in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Odisha, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, and Nagaland is also taking place today.
- India’s first solar energy powered miniature train was inaugurated in Kerala. It has been inaugurated at the Veli Tourist Village in Kerala.
Current Affairs 2nd November
- Priyanca Radhakrishnan today became New Zealand’s first-ever Indian-origin minister after Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern brought five new ministers into her executive.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has included the Panna National Park of Madhya Pradesh under its “World Network of Biosphere reserves”.
- Typhoon Goni hit the eastern part of the Philippines on November 1, 2020. The typhoon is being considered as the world’s strongest storm so far this year.
Current Affairs 1st November
- Hizbul Mujahideen’s chief operational commander Saifullah has been killed in an encounter at Rangreth area in Srinagar.
- Sir Sean Connery, best known for his portrayal of James Bond, has died at the age of 90. In a career spanning decades, the actor won an Oscar in 1988 for his role as an Irish cop in The Untouchables.