Current Affairs: 30th June 2020
- The Central Drug Standard Control Organisation, the National regulatory body for Indian pharmaceuticals and medical devices, has granted approval to Bharat Biotech India to conduct human clinical trials for Corona Vaccine called ‘Covaxin’.
- Indian Government has banned 59 mobile apps which are prejudicial to the sovereignty and integrity of India. The banned apps include popular apps like TikTok, Helo, and WeChat.
- In Assam, nearly 15 lakh people are affected in the current wave of floods in 23 districts. The death toll due to floods has gone up to 27.
- The European Union Air Safety Agency (EASA) has suspended the authorization for Pakistan’s national airline to operate in Europe for six months.
- China’s National People’s Congress Standing Committee (NPCSC) has unanimously passed the National Security Law for Hong Kong.
Current Affairs: 29th June 2020
- The World’s largest Convalescent Plasma Therapy Trial project launch today by the Maharashtra State Government. The name of the project is Platina.
- The Delhi government will set up a plasma bank to fight coronavirus. The Plasma Bank will be set up at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS). It will be the first Plasma Bank in India.
Current Affairs: 27th June 2020
- The Union Government allowed the use of the low-cost steroid drug dexamethasone as an alternative to methylprednisolone to treat coronavirus patients with moderate and severe symptoms.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has promulgated the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 in pursuance of the commitment to ensure the safety of depositors across banks.
Current Affairs: 26th June 2020
- Today is International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- The Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) extended the ban on international commercial flights till July 15 due to raising in coronavirus cases.
- Liverpool crowned Premier League champions after Manchester City lost their match against Chelsea by 1-2.
Current Affairs: 24th June 2020
- The Union Cabinet decided to bring all cooperative banks under the Reserve Bank of India through an ordinance. This was announced by Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar. Also, Union Cabinet Approves Private Sector Participation in Space Activities.
- A 75-member Tri-service contingent of the Indian Armed Forces participating in the Victory Day Parade in Russia.
Current Affairs: 23rd June 2020
- India and China have reached a consensus to disengage in the Eastern Ladakh sector. Both sides agreed to disengage from all friction areas.
- World-famous Rath Yatra being carried out amid restrictions in Puri, Odisha. The District Administration has imposed a curfew in Puri for the Yatra.
- International Olympic Day is observed today to commemorate the foundation day of the International Olympic Committee.
Current Affairs: 22nd June 2020
- According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the net worth of Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd., has jumped to $64.5 billion, making him the only Asian tycoon in the exclusive club of the world’s top 10 richest people.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has left for Moscow, Russia on a three-day visit.
- India has become the 12th largest holder of US government securities at the end of April, withholding worth 157.4 billion dollars.
Current Affairs: 21st June 2020
- The 6th International Day of Yoga is being celebrated today.
- Glenmark’s FabiFlu tablets are approved for coronavirus treatment in India. It will cost Rs 103 per tablet. Glenmark pharmaceuticals was the first company in India to initiate phase three clinical trials on Favipiravir for COVID-19 patients in India.
- Nagaland State Sports Academy at Indira Gandhi Stadium, Kohima has been selected to be established as Khelo India State Centre of Excellence, KISCE.
Current Affairs: 20th June 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan in six states. Over 42 crore poor people received financial assistance of Rs 65,454 cr under Garib Kalyan Package.
- 61 candidates have been elected to the Rajya Sabha from 20 States in the biennial elections.
Current Affairs: 18th June 2020
- India was elected as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for a two-year term after winning 184 votes in the 193-member General Assembly. Along with India, Ireland, Mexico and Norway also won the Security Council elections.
- The upper House of Nepal Parliament passed a Constitution Amendment Bill in favor of the new map that claims the disputed territory of Limpiyadhura-Kalapani-Lipulekh.
Current Affairs: 17th June 2020
- 20 Indian soldiers martyred in violent clashes with Chinese troops in Galwan area of the Ladakh region last Monday night.
- Bayern Munich has been crowned Bundesliga champions for an eighth successive season after a 1-0 win at Werder Bremen.
Current Affairs: 14th June 2020
- Today is World Blood Donor Day. This year the theme is – Safe blood saves lives.
- Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput dies by suicide at the age of 34 in his Mumbai residence.
Current Affairs: 12th June 2020
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has said that no late fees will be levied on registered entities with Nil GST return filing between July 2017 and January 2020.
- Eminent Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal has been named this year’s recipient of the World Food Prize for developing and mainstreaming a soil-centric approach to increasing food production.
Current Affairs: 11th June 2020
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Madras is the country’s best in the field of higher education, according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) released today. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, stands at second place, followed by IIT-Delhi.
- The population of Asiatic lions in Gujarat increase by 28.87 percent. The recent exercise called Poonam Avalokan shows that the population of lions has gone up to 674 against the 523 which was reported in 2015.
Current Affairs: 10th June 2020
- The Government of India has extended Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat) to the migrant workers. Govt of India had announced that the Ayushman Bharat beneficiaries will receive free COVID-19 testing.
- International Cricket Council, ICC has approved substitution in case a player shows symptoms of COVID-19 during a Test match besides ratifying the interim ban on using saliva to shine the ball.
Current Affairs: 8th June 2020
- World Oceans Day is celebrated today. In 2008, the United Nations General Assembly decided to designate 8 June as World Oceans Day.
- Religious places, shopping malls, restaurants, hotels, and offices which were closed due to the lockdown, have reopened in many states today with certain conditions.
- Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya declared Gairsain as the new summer capital. The Gairsain is also called Bhararisen.
- New Zealand lifts all social and economic restrictions except border controls after declaring it is free of the coronavirus, one of the first countries in the world to return to pre-pandemic normality.
Current Affairs: 5th June 2020
- Prakash Javadekar launched the Urban Forest program on the occasion of World Environment Day, today.
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, founder, and current Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited, has been named EY World Entrepreneur of the Year for 2020.
Current Affairs: 4th June 2020
- First-ever India-Australia Virtual Summit held between PM Modi and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison. Indian and Australia signed seven agreements including a landmark deal for reciprocal access to military bases for logistics support during the online summit.
- The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) approved the development of a twin-engine made-in-India fighter jet, following the successful trial landing of the Tejas-N fighter onboard INS Vikramaditya.
- Veteran filmmaker Basu Chatterjee passed away following age-related health issues. He was 93.
Current Affairs: 3rd June 2020
- Union Government today said that the recovery rate reached 48.31 percent in the country and the number of recovered people from Coronavirus crossed the one lakh mark. Also, the number of people who have tested positive for Covid-19 in India crossed the 2 lakh-mark today.
- The Union Cabinet today approved a historic amendment to the Essential Commodities Act. With the amendment to Essential Commodities Act, commodities like cereals, pulses, oilseeds, edible oils, onion, and potatoes have been removed from the list of essential commodities.
- Senior diplomat Raveesh Kumar has been appointed as the next Ambassador to Finland. Mr. Kumar, a 1995 batch IFS officer was earlier the spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Severe cyclonic storm Nisarga hits north Maharashtra coast. It landfall at Diveaagar in Alibagh around 1.15 pm today.
Current Affairs: 2nd June 2020
- The Union government has approved Gilead Sciences Inc’s antiviral drug remdesivir for emergency use in treating COVID-19 patients.
- Minister for Road Transport & Highways and MSMEs Nitin Gadkari announces the development of new Greenfield expressway to Amritsar.
Current Affairs: 1st June 2020
- Elections for 18 Rajya Sabha seats will be held on June 19, the Election Commission has said. The list includes 4 seats each from Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat, three each from Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, two from Jharkhand and one each from Meghalaya and Manipur.
- The first phase of nationwide unlock starts today. Unlock 1 will allow a phased reopening of most activities across India. India is now the seventh most-affected nation in the global COVID-19 tally, with over 1.9 lakh cases and 5,400 deaths.
- SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft with two NASA astronauts successfully docked with the International Space Station last night after a historic launch from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- World Milk Day is celebrated today.
- Wajid Khan, of composer duo Sajid-Wajid, has died at the age of 42.