6. When a new trunk link is configured on an IOS-based switch, which VLANs are allowed over the link?
A. By default, all VLANs are allowed on the trunk.
B. No VLAN’s are allowed, you must configure each VLAN by hand.
C. Only configured VLAN’s are allowed on the link.
D. Only extended VLAN’s are allowed by default.
7. Which of the following modes are valid when a switch port is used as a VLAN trunk?
2. Dynamic auto
3. Dynamic desirable
A. 1, 2 and 6
B. 2, 3 and 4
C. 4, 5 and 6
D. 2, 4, and 5
8. To configure the VLAN trunking protocol to communicate VLAN information between two switches, what two requirements must be met?
1. Each end of the trunk link must be set to the IEEE 802.1e encapsulation.
2. The VTP management domain name of both switches must be set the same.
3. All ports on both the switches must be set as access ports.
4. One of the two switches must be configured as a VTP server.
5. A rollover cable is required to connect the two switches together.
6. A router must be used to forward VTP traffic between VLANs.
A. 1, 2 and 4
B. 3, 5 and 6
C. 2 and 4
D. 1 and 6
9. You want to improve network performance by increasing the bandwidth available to hosts and limit the size of the broadcast domains. Which of the following options will achieve this goal?
A. Managed hubs
D. Switches configured with VLANs
10. Which switching technology reduces the size of a broadcast domain?