11. An oil drop with a polar coat is a metaphor referring to the three dimensional structure of
A. fibrous proteins
C. globular proteins
D. silk protein
12. What was the first protein whose complete tertiary structure was determined?
C. Pancreatic ribonuclease
D. Pancreatic DNase
13. The peptide bond in proteins is
A. planar, but rotates to three preferred dihedral angles
B. nonpolar, but rotates to three preferred dihedral angles
C. nonpolar, and fixed in a trans conformation
D. planar, and usually found in a trans conformation
14. In β-pleated sheet, structures neighboring
A. chains lie in a flat plane
B. neighboring residues are hydrogen bonded
C. neighboring chains are connected by a-helices
D. neighboring chains are hydrogen bonded
15. The same peptide, Val-Lys-Glu-Met-Ser-Trp-Arg-Ala. was digested with chymotrypsin to produce
A. Val-Lys + Glu-Met-Ser + Trp-Arg-Ala.
B. Val-Lys-Glu-Met-Ser-Trp + Arg-Ala.
C. Val-Lys-Glu-Met-Ser + Trp-Arg-Ala.
D. Val-Lys-Glu-Met + Ser-Trp-Arg-Ala.