6. Which of the following is not a function of cysts for Protozoa?
A. Protect against adverse environments
B. Sites for nuclear reorganization and cell division
C. Serve as a means of transfer between hosts in parasitic species
D. All of the above
7. Which of the following is not true of protozoa?
A. Lack cell wall
B. Produce no sporebearing structures
C. Comprise the microbial population known as phytoplankton
D. Form active feeding forms called trophozoites
8. Sexual reproduction in the Protozoa occurs most commonly by
B. gametangial contact
C. binary fission
D. binary fusion
9. Organisms with complex life cycles which include a mammalian host and an insect host and involves schizogony as part of the cycle belong to which phylum of Protozoa?
10. A protozoan is defined as
A. motile prokaryotic unicellular protist
B. motile eukaryotic unicellular protist
C. motile eukaryotic unicellular photosynthetic protist
D. motile eukaryotic multicellular protist