1. On the ribosome, mRNA binds
A. between the subunits
B. to the large subunit
C. to the small subunit
D. none of these
2. Type I proteins (plasma membrane) have a
A. cleavage N- terminal signal sequence and a hydrophobic stop transfer sequence
B. cleavaged N- terminal signal sequence that doubles as the membrane anchoring sequence
C. multiple signal sequence and a hydrophobic stop transfer sequence
D. multiple signal sequence that doubles as the membrane anchoring sequence
3. Which of the following is not a necessary component of translation?
D. Amino acid
4. A polysome could be best described as
A. an active site of DNA synthesis.
B. an active site of protein synthesis.
C. an active site of lipid synthesis.
D. all of the above.
5. Eukaryotic mRNA binding to the ribosomes is facilitated by __________ .
A. the Shine Dalgarno sequence
B. the 7-methyl guanosine cap
D. poly A tail