11. In continuous chip cutting, the maximum heat is taken by the cutting tool.
12. Which of the following statement is correct regarding grinding of high carbon steel?
A. Grinding at high speed results in the reduction of chip thickness and cutting forces per grit.
B. Aluminum oxide wheels are employed.
C. The grinding wheel has to be of open structure.
D. all of the above
13. The rear teeth of a broach
A. perform burnishing operation
B. remove minimum metal
C. remove maximum metal
D. remove no metal
14. High speed steel drills can be operated at about __________ the speed of high carbon steel drills.
D. four times
15. When the end of a tap is tapered for about three or four threads, it is known as a
A. taper tap
B. bottoming tap
C. second tap
D. none of these
16. Crater wear is predominant in
A. carbon tool steels
B. tungsten carbide tools
C. high speed steel tools
D. ceramic tools
17. The method of centreless grinding used to produce taper is
A. infeed grinding
B. through feed grinding
C. endfeed grinding
D. any one of these
18. In a shaper, the length of stroke is increased by
A. increasing the center distance of bull gear and crank pin
B. decreasing the center distance of bull gear and crank pin
C. increasing the length of the arm
D. decreasing the length of the slot in the slotted lever
19. Carbon tool steels have low-heat and wear-resistance.
20. Trepanning is an operation of
A. making a cone-shaped enlargement of the end of a hole
B. smoothing and squaring the surface around a hole
C. sizing and finishing a small diameter hole
D. producing a hole by removing metal along the circumference of a hollow cutting tool