46. Which of the following provides a storage mechanism for incoming mail but does not allow a user to download messages selectively?
47. On a class C network with a subnet mask of 192, how many subnets are available?
48. Ethernet and Token-Ring are the two most commonly used network architectures in the world. Jim has heard of the different topologies for networks and wants to choose the architecture that will provide him with the most options. Which of the following would that be? Choose the most correct answer.
A. Token-Ring because it currently can run at both 4Mbps and 16Mbps. This means that it can be used in any topology
B. Ethernet, because it is cabled using fiber-optic cable
C. Token-Ring, because it uses a MAU
D. Ethernet, because it can be set up with most topologies and can use multiple transfer speeds
E. Neither Token-Ring nor Ethernet is the proper choice. Only ARCnet can be used in all topologies
49. A 4 KHz noiseless channel with one sample every 125 per sec, is used to transmit digital signals. Find the bit rate (bits per second) that are sent, if CCITT 2.048 Mbps encoding is used.
A. 500 Kbps
B. 32 Kbps
C. 8 Kbps
D. 64 Kbps.
50. How can you see the address of the DHCP server from which a client received its IP address?
A. By using Advanced Properties of TCP/IP
B. By using IPCONFIG/ALL
C. By using DHCPINFO
D. By pinging DHCP
E. None of the above