16. The Congress and Muslim League had most cordial relationships in between which among the following years?
(A) 1906 to 1916
(B) 1916 to 1922
(C) 1922 to 1928
(D) 1928 to 1934
17. On which among the following occasions, Bombay was handed over to Britishers by the Portuguese?
(A) Freedom of Portuguese from the control of Spain
(B) Marriage of Charles II with the Portuguese princess Catherine of Braganza
(C) Crushing of Spanish Armada by British in 1588
(D) The Treaty of Madrid in 1630
18. Which among the following apparently impressed Jahangir to issue a farman in 1613 A.D. to the English to establish a factory at Surat?
(A) Reconciliation between the English and Portuguese
(B) A secret offer of naval help to the Mughal emperor to oust the Portuguese
(C) A heavy dose of bribe to Nur Jahan
(D) The defeat of Portuguese naval squadrons by the English
19. Who among the following preached the doctrine of “One religion, one caste and one God for mankind“?
(A) Jyotiba Phule
(C) Sri Narayan Guru
(D) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
20. Who among the following were the main leaders of the Khilafat Movement?
(A) Syed Ahmad Khan and Agha khan
(B) Mohammad Ali and Shaukat Ali
(C) Muhammad Iqbal and Salimullah Khan
(D) Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Sikandar Hayat Khan