26. Which of the following is common in the disease caused by Corynebacterium diphtheriae and Bacillus anthracis?
A. Both organisms are gram-positive spore formers
B. Diphtheria toxin and edema toxin are ADP ribosylating toxins
C. The most serious disease symptoms are the direct result of toxin action
D. Both organisms cause skin and respiratory tract infections
27. Fatalities following influenza infection are usually due to the
B. bacterial superinfection
C. damage to the heart muscle
D. formation of granulomas in the lung
28. Which of the following disease is not caused by microbial protein toxins?
C. Shigella dysentery
29. In the human disease cholera, what is it that actually ends up killing the victim?
A. Faulty carrier proteins
B. Dehydration and loss of nutrients
C. Too little water in the food stream
D. the toxin produced by the bacterium
30. Each of the 3 virulence factors of Bacillus anthracis i.e. the capsule, edema toxin, and lethal toxin can affect the activity of
A. B cells
C. ciliated epithelial cells
D. M cells