41. The ideal angle of banking provided on the curves on roads depends upon
A. weight of the vehicle
B. (velocity)2 of the vehicle
C. nature of the road surface
D. coefficient of friction between the road and vehicle contact point
42. If a pendulum is taken 1 km below the earth surface in a mine, it will __________ in time.
43. The moment of inertia of a thin disc of mass m and radius r, about an axis through its centre of gravity and perpendicular to the plane of the disc is
44. The linear velocity of a body rotating at ω rad / s along a circular path of radius r is given by
45. A machine which is capable of doing work in the reversed direction, after the effort is removed, is called a non-reversible machine.
46. The forces which do not meet at one point and their lines of action do not lie on the same plane are known as
A. coplanar concurrent forces
B. coplanar non-concurrent forces
C. non-coplanar concurrent forces
D. none of these
47. A non-reversible machine is also called a self-locking machine.
48. Mass moment of inertia of a thin rod about its one end is __________ the mass moment of inertia of the same rod about its mid-point
A. same as
D. four times
49. Moment of inertia of a hollow rectangular section as shown in the below figure about Y–Y axis is not the same as that about X–X axis.
50. The angle of the inclined plane at which a body just begins to slide down the plane is called helix angle.