31. Replication in E. coli is initiated by the generation of short RNA primers using
A. RNA polymerase
C. reverse transcriptase
D. both (a) and (b)
32. DNA replication results in
A. two completely new DNA molecules
B. two DNA molecules such that each one contains a strand of the original
C. one new DNA molecules 1 old molecule
D. one new molecule of RNA
33. Which enzyme catalyzes the elongation of DNA molecules?
A. DNA polymerase
C. DNA ligase
34. What is the IUPAC code for an A, C, T ambiguity in a nucleic acid sequence?
D. None of these
35. There is a single origin for DNA replication in bacteria. How many origins of replication are found in the much larger genomes of eukaryotes such as mammals?
B. About 100
C. Thousands and tens of thousands
D. none of these