26. Which of the following species lack a ‘classical’ histone H1?
A. Saccharomyces cerevisiae
B. Strongylocentrotus purpuratus
C. Xenopus laevis
D. Arabidopsis thaliana
27. Which of the following is correct?
A. Replication starts at a single origin
B. Replication is bidirectional
C. Replication is semi conservative
D. All of the above
28. The size of a linear DNA fragment in a gel can be estimated by
A. fluorescence in UV light
B. the sedimentation coefficient
C. the time it takes the gel to run
D. comparison with a molecular weight standard such as Hind III digested phage lambda
29. Which of the following are short nucleotides strands made by DNA polymerase working in the opposite direction of the replication fork?
A. Leading strands
B. Okazaki fragments
D. Lagging strand
30. Which of these drugs bind to DNA and cuts it, producing hydroxyl radicals?
D. All of these