Current Affairs 30th October
- The Nation is celebrating the 145th Birth Anniversary of India’s Iron Man, Sardar Patel today. The day is also earmarked as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas across the Country.
- An earthquake of 6.8 on the Richter Scale struck eastern Turkey last evening, killing 34 people in Elazig province and four in the neighboring province of Malatya. More than 1,600 others were hurt.
- For the first time ever, a woman has become the CEO of an Indian carrier, with the government appointing Harpreet A De Singh as the CEO of Air India’s (AI) regional subsidiary Alliance Air…
- Chris Gayle becomes the first player in the history of T20 cricket to hit thousand sixes.
Current Affairs 27th October
- India and the US today held the 3rd bilateral two plus two Ministerial Dialogue in New Delhi and signed the landmark defense pact BECA. The signing of BECA is significant as it allows India to use global geospatial maps of the United.
- NASA’s Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) has confirmed the presence of water on the sunlit surface of the Moon.
Current Affairs 24th October
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurates India’s biggest cardiac hospital at U.N. Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Center in Ahmedabad. He also launched the world’s longest temple ropeway project at Girnar in Junagadh. Girnar ropeway project consists a total of 25 cabins and is 2.3 kilometers in length and 900 meters in height.
- Indian Navy has operationalized the first batch of three Women Pilots on Dornier Aircraft by the Southern Naval Command (SNC) at Kochi.
- Pakistan will remain on the grey list of global terror financing watchdog, Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- Today is United Nations Day. UN Day marks the anniversary of the entry into force in 1945 of the UN Charter…
- The Income Tax Department on Saturday extended the deadline for individual assesses to file their returns for the financial year 2019-20 (the assessment year 2020-21) till 31st December.
Current Affairs 22nd October
- India starts to celebrate Durga Puja from today.
- INS Kavaratti, an Anti-Submarine Warfare stealth corvette was commissioned into the Indian Navy today by Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane at a ceremony held at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- India today successfully carried out the final trial of the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)-developed Nag anti-tank guided missile with a warhead.
- The Union labor ministry has revised the base year of the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers to reflect the latest consumption patterns of the target group.
Current Affairs 21st October
- The Union Cabinet approved the adoption of the Jammu and Kashmir Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 that was amended by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- Shikhar Dhawan became the first batsman to score hundreds in consecutive matches in the Indian Premier League (IPL) when he scored his second straight hundred during Delhi Capitals’ match against Kings XI Punjab in Dubai.
- Police Commemoration Day is celebrated today.
Current Affairs 20th October
- The poll spending limit for candidates contesting Lok Sabha and Assembly elections has been enhanced by 10 percent. The notification issued by the Law Ministry last night said the maximum expenditure a candidate can incur for campaigning in Lok Sabha polls is now Rs. 77 lakh. For Assembly election, it has been hiked from Rs. 28 lakh to Rs. 30.80 lakh.
- India successfully test-fired the Stand-Off Anti-Tank Missile named SANT. It will be inducted in the Indian Air Force.
- Punjab became the first state in the country to formally reject the Central government’s three agriculture sector legislations, with its Legislative Assembly unanimously passing three Bills to negate the Union laws.
Current Affairs 19th October
- Former World Champion Nozomi Okuhara clinched the Denmark Open title badminton championship after beating three-time world champion Carolina Marin in women’s singles.
- The 8th annual joint exercise between Indian and Sri Lankan navies – SLINEX-20 – will begin today off the Trincomalee coast.
- Mumbai Metro has resumed its services today after being shut for nearly seven months due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- BRAHMOS, the supersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired from Indian Navy’s indigenously-built stealth destroyer INS Chennai..
- Israel and Bahrain signed an agreement at Manama to establish formal diplomatic ties.
Current Affairs 17th October
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s center-left Labour Party won a landslide victory in New Zealand’s general election.
- India ranked 94 among 107 nations in the Global Hunger Index 2020.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories and Russia’s sovereign wealth fund RDIF have received approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) to conduct an adaptive phase 2/3 human clinical trial for the Sputnik V vaccine in the country.
- The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed today.
Current Affairs 16th October
- World Food Day is observed today. The day marks the foundation of the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations in 1945.
- Kyrgyzstan President Sooronbay Jeenbekov has resigned after days of protests over a disputed parliamentary election.
Current Affairs 15th October
- India has been ranked No. 3, after China and the US, in recording the highest number of natural disasters over the last 20 years (2000-2019). In a report released by the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR).
- Today is observed as World Student Day. United Nations Organization declared October 15 as World Students’ Day in 2010 in honor of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, former President of India.
- India’s first Oscar winner, costume designer Bhanu Athaiya died at her home after a prolonged illness. She was 91.
Current Affairs 12th October
- US economists Paul Milgrom and Robert Wilson won the Nobel Economics Prize for work on commercial auctions.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has virtually inaugurated and dedicated as many as 44 different bridges of Border Roads Organisation across the country, today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released a commemorative coin of 100 rupees in honor of Vijaya Raje Scindia.
- Union minister Jitendra Singh said that interview for recruitment in government jobs has been abolished in 23 states and eight union territories so far, according to a Personnel Ministry statement. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had suggested the abolition of the interview and making the job selection totally on the basis of written tests.
Current Affairs 11th October
- World Mental Health Day is observed on the 10th of October.
- Iga Swiatek defeated fourth seed Sofia Kenin 6-4, 6-1 to win her maiden French Open title. Swiatek became the first player from Poland to win a Grand Slam singles title…
- Kuwait’s new crown prince Sheikh Meshal Al Ahmed Al Jaber took the oath of office.
- The International Day of the Girl Child is observed today.
- Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic for French Open men’s singles title. Rafael Nadal beat Novak Djokovic 6-0, 6-2, 7-5 to win his 20th Grand Slam title.
Current Affairs 9th October
- The Nobel Peace Prize for 2020 has been awarded to the World Food Programme (WFP).
- Union minister of consumer affairs, food and public distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan passed away late on Thursday.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal today was assigned the additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. He was given the additional charge following the death of the Lok Janashakti Party (LJP) founder and union minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
- India today successfully test-fired the ‘Rudram’ Anti-Radiation Missile from a Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft off the east coast. It is the tactical anti-radiation missile that the Indian Air Force can launch from its Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jets to take down enemy radars and surveillance systems. The Missile has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Current Affairs 8th October
- Indian Air Force celebrates its 88th anniversary today. The IAF was founded on October 8, 1932.
- American poet Louise Glück has won the Nobel Prize in Literature “for her unmistakable poetic voice”.
- The Advanced Manufacturing Hub (AMHUB) which is the first of its kind in the country will be jointly set up by World Economic Forum and Guidance in Tamil Nadu. The Advanced Manufacturing HUB or AMHUB is one of the 19 platforms designed by the WEF.
- The Government of India (GoI) has appointed M. Rajeshwar Rao as the new Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Current Affairs 7th October
- Emmanuelle Charpentier of France and Jennifer Doudna of the United States today won the Nobel Chemistry Prize for developing the gene-editing technique known as the CRISPR-Cas9 DNA snipping “scissors”.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) today announced a list of 24 fake universities in the country, with the maximum of them operating from Uttar Pradesh followed by Delhi. While eight of these universities are from Uttar Pradesh, Delhi has seven, and Odisha and West Bengal two each.
Current Affairs 6th October
- The 12th BRICS Summit will be held on 17th November 2020 via video conference. The theme of the Meeting of the Leaders of BRICS countries which includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa is “BRICS Partnership for Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth”.
- Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez have been awarded the 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics for their pioneering work on space involving the black holes and the Milky Way’s darkest secret.
Current Affairs 5th October
- Two Americans Harvey J. Alter and Charles M. Rice and one British-born scientist Michael Houghton won the 2020 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine for work in identifying the Hepatitis C virus.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) today successfully flight-tested supersonic missile assisted release of ‘SMART’ torpedo. The system, Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART) was successfully flight-tested from Wheeler Island off the coast of Odisha…
- World Habitat Day is observed today. The day is observed on the first Monday of October month every year.
Current Affairs 3rd October
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday inaugurated the strategically important all-weather Atal Tunnel, which reduces the distance between Manali and Leh. It will reduce the distance between Manali and Leh by 46 km and the travel time by four to five hours. Atal Tunnel is the longest highway tunnel in the world, and the 9.02 km long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year…
- India today successfully test-fired a new version of nuclear-capable Shaurya missile off the coast of Odisha, which can strike targets at around 800 kms.
Current Affairs 2nd October
- Nation pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi and Lal Bahadur Shastri on their Birth Anniversary today. Mahatma Gandhi’s Birth Anniversary is also observed as the International Day of Non-Violence…
- The Swachh Bharat Awards-2020 was given to States, Districts, Blocks and Village Panchayats today by Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat. Under the Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya category, Gujarat bagged the first position at the state level whereas Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu got the Award for cleanliness at District Level.
Current Affairs 1st October
- Uttar Pradesh becomes the first state in the country to undertake over one crore tests to screen Coronavirus.
- Home Ministry has issued new guidelines for opening up more activities in areas outside the Containment Zones.
- A custom-made B777 aircraft, which will be used to fly the President, Vice President and Prime Minister, has arrived in Delhi from the US today. The B777 planes will have state-of-the-art missile defense systems called Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM) and Self-Protection Suites (SPS).
- Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) ICGS ‘Kanaklata Barua’ of the Indian Coast Guard was commissioned at the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd in Kolkata. It is the fifth and final ship in the series of FPVs for the Indian Coast Guard and this is also the 105th vessel delivered by the defense PSU shipyard.