Current Affairs: 30th November 2019
- The Uddhav Thackeray-led government of the Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress alliance won the floor test in the Maharashtra Assembly.
- An estimated 62.87% votes were cast when voting ended at 3 p.m. in the first of the five-phase Jharkhand assembly elections in 13 constituencies.
Current Affairs: 29th November 2019
- India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth slowed to 4.5 percent in the second quarter (July-September) of the year 2019-20.
- Eminent Malayalam poet Akkitham has been chosen for the 55th Jnanpith Award.
- Pacer Abhimanyu Mithun creates records after he takes five wickets including a hat-trick in one over for Karnataka in the semi-finals of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy against Haryana. Mithun became the first bowler to have a hat-trick in all three formats in Indian domestic cricket.
Current Affairs: 28th November 2019
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray took oath as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari administered the oath to Thackeray at Shivaji Park, Dadar in Central Mumbai.
- Lok Sabha today passed the National Capital Territory of Delhi (Recognition of Property Rights of Residents in Unauthorised Colonies) Bill, 2019.
- Indian archers Deepika Kumari and Ankita Bhakat won the gold and silver medals in the women’s individual recurve event of the 21st Asian Championships in Bangkok today.
- 47th All India Police Science Congress, AIPSC started from today in Uttar Pradesh’s capital Lucknow.
- Former Maldives president Abdulla Yameen was convicted and sentenced to five years in prison for money laundering.
Current Affairs: 27th November 2019
- ISRO(Indian Space Research Organisation) has successfully launched India’s latest earth observation satellite Cartosat-3 this morning. The workhorse rocket PSLV in its C-47 version carried it along with 13 other customer payloads into the intended polar sun-synchronous orbit. The Cartosat-3 is a high resolution imaging satellite that will be used for addressing uses for largescale urban planning, infrastructure development, coastal land use, land cover among others.
- The Lok Sabha today passed the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill, 2019. The Bill seeks to prohibit the production, trade, transport, storage and advertisement of electronic cigarettes.
Current Affairs: 26th November 2019
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has resigned from his post. He submitted his resignation letter to Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
- The Nation is celebrating Constitution Day or Samvidhan Divas, today to mark the adoption of the Indian Constitution by the Constituent Assembly on this day in 1949.
- India is remembering the martyrs of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks on its 11th anniversary today.
- National Milk Day is observed today in India to commemorate the birthday of Dr. Verghese Kurien, the father of India’s White Revolution.
Current Affairs: 25th November 2019
- World number one Rafael Nadal has clinched sixth Davis Cup title for Spain after beating Denis Shapovalov of Canada 6-3, 7-6 (9-7) to clinch Spain’s 2-0 win against Canada.
Current Affairs: 24th November 2019
- World’s largest uniformed youth organization, the National Cadet Corps (NCC) is celebrating its 71st Raising Day today.
- India beat Bangladesh by an innings and 46 runs in the Day and Night Pink ball Test to win the series 2-0 at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
Current Affairs: 23rd November 2019
- BJP Leader Devendra Fadnavis sworn in as Maharashtra Chief Minister with NCP leader Ajit Pawar taking oath as the Deputy Chief Minister.
- India’s Manu Bhaker, Elavenil Valarivan and Divyansh Panwar clinching gold medals in their events in the ISSF World Cup Finals in Putian, China.
Current Affairs: 22nd November 2019
- Virat Kohli became the fastest to reach 5000 runs in Test cricket as captain and only the sixth overall to achieve the feat.
- India today made their debut in the pink-ball era at Kolkata’s Eden Gardens to mark the country’s first-ever day-night Test against Bangladesh.
- Lieutenant Shivangi becomes the first woman pilot of the Indian Navy will join Naval operations.
Current Affairs: 20th November 2019
- The Golden Jubilee edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began today in Panaji, Goa.
- Lok Sabha passes Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- Colombo Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa named his elder brother and former strongman Mahinda Rajapaksa as the new prime minister after incumbent Ranil Wickremesinghe announced his resignation from the post.
- Microsoft’s India-born Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella has occupied the top spot in Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year 2019 list.
Current Affairs: 19th November 2019
- Parliament has passed the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2019, with Rajya Sabha approving it today. The Lok Sabha had passed this Bill in the last session.
- The nation is remembering former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her 102nd birth anniversary today.
Current Affairs: 18th November 2019
- The Winter Session of Parliament began today.
- Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde took oath as the 47th Chief Justice of India.
- Gotabaya Gotabaya sworn in as seventh President of Sri Lanka at a ceremony in Anuradhapura.
- Pakistan becomes the first country to introduce WHO approved typhoid vaccine. The Vaccine is to be used in southern Sindh province as more than 10,000 cases of Typhoid were documented since 2017.
Current Affairs: 17th November 2019
- Gotabaya Rajapaksa wins Sri Lankan presidential election. Rajapaksa defeated Sajith Premadasa by more than 13 lakh votes. He will be sworn in as new President of Sri Lanka tomorrow.
- The 63rd National Shotgun Shooting Championship Competitions 2019 began in New Delhi today.
- India has successfully conducted the first night trial of Agni-II, surface-to-surface medium-range nuclear-capable missile from Dr. Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast.
Current Affairs: 16th November 2019
- Today is National Press Day. The day, observed on 16th November every year, is symbolic of a free and responsible press.
- Acclaimed Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has been conferred the Italian Golden Sand Art Award, 2019 at a ceremony in Rome, becoming the first Indian to win the prestigious award for his contribution to sand art.
- Mumbai is the only city whose tap water meets the piped drinking water quality standards set by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), according to a study of 21 capital cities released today.
Current Affairs: 15th November 2019
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro will be the Chief Guest at the Republic Day 2020 celebrations in India.
- Indian ace sprinter Dutee Chand figures in the Time magazine’s list of ‘Time 100 Next’ – first such list brought out by the magazine.
Current Affairs: 14th November 2019
- 65th Children’s Day is celebrated today to mark Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s birth anniversary.
- World Diabetes Day is celebrated today.
- A three-judge Bench of the Supreme Court, led by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi, dismissed petitions seeking a review of the December 14, 2018 judgment upholding the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter aircraft.
- The Supreme Court has referred a bunch of review petitions against its 2018 verdict lifting the ban on women’s entry in a Sabarimala Temple in Kerala to a larger bench.
Current Affairs: 13th November 2019
- The Supreme Court today held that the office of Chief Justice of India is a public authority under the Right to Information (RTI) Act. A five-judge Constitution Bench headed by the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi pronounced its verdict.
- Pravind Jugnauth sworn in as Prime Minister of Mauritius for five-year term.
Current Affairs: 12th November 2019
- President’s Rule has been imposed in Maharashtra for six months as the political stalemate continued in the State.
- The 550th birth anniversary of the first Sikh guru and founder of Sikhism Guru Nanak Dev is being celebrated today as Prakash Parv.
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated today to commemorate the first and only visit of Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to All India Radio.
Current Affairs: 11th November 2019
- The Bolivian President Evo Morales has resigned from his post after turmoil following his disputed re-election last month.
- National Education Day is observed today in India to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India.
- Gujarat government has given its approval to a Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) terminal facility at Bhavnagar port. This would be the world’s first CNG port terminal.
Current Affairs: 10th November 2019
- Milad-un-Nabi, the birthday of Prophet Muhammad is being celebrated with traditional fervor in various parts of the country today.
- Indian bowler Deepak Chahar recorded the best-ever bowling figures in a Twenty20 international with 6 wickets for 7 runs as India beat Bangladesh by 30 runs in Nagpur to win the series by 2-1.
Current Affairs: 9th November 2019
- Supreme Court today settled the long pending Ayodhya land dispute case. In a unanimous decision, a five-judge Constitution bench headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi ruled that the 2.77 acres of the disputed land will remain with the Central government and be handed over to a Trust for the construction of a temple. The bench also ruled that a suitable five-acre plot must be found for a mosque at a prominent place in the town.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated integrated check post of Kartarpur Corridor at Dera Baba Nanak in Punjab.
Current Affairs: 8th November 2019
- In Maharashtra, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis submitted his resignation letter to the Governor at Raj Bhawan.
- The Executive Board of the International Hockey Federation today announced that India would be hosting the Men’s Hockey World Cup in 2023.
Current Affairs: 7th November 2019
- National Cancer Awareness Day is observed in India to raise awareness about cancer, its treatment, and its symptoms.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates the 10th Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine in New Delhi.
Current Affairs: 4th November 2019
- India B beat India C by 51 runs to clinch Deodhar Trophy at the JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi.
- Shubman Gill became the youngest-known captain to lead a side in the finals of Deodhar Trophy. Shubman Gill, who is captaining India C in the Deodhar Trophy, broke Virat Kohli’s 10-year old record as he led his side in the final of the domestic tournament.
Current Affairs: 2nd November 2019
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Bangkok for a three-day visit to Thailand.
- Pooja Gehlot (53kg) in wrestling claimed India’s second silver medal after going down to Japan’s Haruna Okuno in the finals of the UWW Under-23 World Championships in Budapest.
- Chhath festival is being celebrated in several parts of the country with religious fervor and gaiety.