Current Affairs: 31st March 2019
- Viktor Axelsen eased clinch the India Open 2019 men’s singles title in New Delhi after he defeated Kidmabi Srikanth by 21-7, 22-20. In the women’s singles final Ratchanok Intanon won the title as she defeated He Bingjiao 21-15, 21-14.
- In Slovakia, Zuzana Caputova is set to become the first female President.
- South Korea defeated India 4-2 in the penalty shootout to lift the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey title.
Current Affairs: 27th March 2019
- Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO, on Wednesday successfully conducted an Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) missile test, under Mission Shakti from Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha. Mission Shakti is an anti-satellite missile test, under which, an Anti-Satellite (ASAT) missile shot down the Low Earth Orbit satellite “within three minutes of launch”. India is the fourth country to have tested an anti-satellite weapon after the US, Russia and China.
- All eight members of the Lokpal were administered the oath of office by the Chairperson of the anti-corruption ombudsman Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose.
Current Affairs: 26th March 2019
- President Ram Nath Kovind has been awarded the Grand Order of King Tomislav with Sash and Grand Star by the President of Croatia for his exceptional contribution to the advancement of overall relations and development of mutual cooperation between India and Croatia and for promoting friendship and partnership between the people of both the countries. This is the highest award of the Republic of Croatia.
Current Affairs: 25th March 2019
- Jet Airways founder Naresh Goyal and his wife Anita Goyal resigned from the board of the airline they founded 25 years ago.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) today formally inducted the four heavy-lift Chinook helicopters.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has left on a three-nation visit to Croatia, Bolivia and Chile.
Current Affairs: 24th March 2019
- The 64th Filmfare Awards held yesterday. Raazi wins the Best Film award, while Alia Bhatt wins Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female) award. Ranbir Kapoor wins the Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male) award for the movie Sanju.
Current Affairs: 23rd March 2019
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to the former Supreme Court judge Pinaki Chandra Ghose as Lokpal chairperson.
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh has been appointed as the next Navy Chief. He will succeed Admiral Sunil Lanba who retires on 31st of May this year.
- Indian Premier League (IPL) 2019 begins from today.
Current Affairs: 21st March 2019
- The festival of colors Holi is being celebrated across the country today.
- Former Supreme Court judge Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose appointed as India’s first Lokpal.
- India returned with 368 medals, including 85 gold, at the Special Olympics World Summer Games, held at Abu Dhabi, UAE which concluded today.
Current Affairs: 20th March 2019
- The Gauhati High Court has declared the strikes and road or rail blockades as illegal in Assam and directed the police to lodge FIRs against organizations who call for bandh.
- Kazakhstan’s parliament voted to rename the country’s capital Astana as Nursultan in honor of long time ruler Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- Indian-origin Jagmeet Singh has created history in Canada when he made his debut in the House of Commons as the first non-white leader of a major opposition party in the country.
- Today is observed as World Sparrow Day to raise awareness about the bird.
Current Affairs: 18th March 2019
- BJP’s Pramod Sawant elected as the new Chief Minister of Goa.
- The Election Commission issued a notification for the first phase of Lok Sabha polls.
Current Affairs: 17th March 2019
- Goa Chief Minister and former Defence Minister of India, Manohar Parrikar dies after long illness. He was diagnosed with a pancreatic ailment. He was 63 years old.
- Bengaluru FC wins the Indian Super League (ISL) 2019 after defeating Goa by 1-0 in the final.
Current Affairs: 16th March 2019
- India will host the Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup in 2020.
Current Affairs: 15th March 2019
- Forty-nine people are dead and many are seriously injured after a heavily armed gunman opened fire during prayers at a mosque in the center of Christchurch, New Zealand.
- The 2019 Special Olympics World Summer Games starts in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- The Supreme Court revoked the life ban on former Indian cricketer S. Sreesanth in a case of spot-fixing.
Current Affairs: 14th March 2019
- World Kidney Day being observed today. The day is observed annually on the second Thursday in March to create awareness on the importance of kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney diseases.
- The Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO)-developed Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile was successfully fired in the desert ranges of Rajasthan.
Current Affairs: 13th March 2019
- British Parliament will vote on a new motion today to decide if the UK should leave the EU within the March 29 deadline without any deal in place.
- Former IAS officer C Lalsawta sworn-in as Mizoram’s first Lokayukta chairman.
- Zinedine Zidane has been re-appointed as the coach of Spanish football club Real Madrid till 2022.
- Rohit Sharma becomes the third fastest batsman, along with Sourav Ganguly, to reach 8000 ODI runs in cricket.
- Australia defeated India by 3-2 in the five matches ODI series in India.
Current Affairs: 11th March 2019
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Padma awards on prominent personalities at a civil investiture ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Kavinder Singh Bisht in the 56kg-category struck gold while four others claimed silver medals to end Indian campaign at the 38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament in Helsinki, Finland.
Current Affairs: 10th March 2019
- The national election will be held in seven rounds from 11 April and the results will be announced on May 23. Voting will be held across India on April 11, April 19, April 23, April 29, May 6, May 12 and May 19.
- Ethiopian Airlines plane bound for Nairobi crashed today, killing all 157 people on board.
Current Affairs: 8th March 2019
- The Supreme Court on Friday referred Ayodhya’s Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to mediation for an amicable settlement. Former apex court judge Justice (retd) F M Kallifulla will head a panel of mediators in the case. Other members of the panel of mediators include spiritual guru Shri Shri Ravi Shankar and senior advocate Sriram Panchu.
- Governor of Mizoram Kummanam Rajasekharan has resigned from his post.
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Nari Shakti awards, 2018, the highest civilian honor for women in India, in New Delhi on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- Dr. Ausaf Sayeed, presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Seychelles, has been appointed as the next ambassador of India to Saudi Arabia.
Current Affairs: 6th March 2019
- Indore has bagged the cleanest city award for third straight year under Swachh Survekshan, 2019.
- Israel’s first lunar lander sent back a selfie taken with the Earth clearly visible in the background. It marks an important milestone for the mission as it is the first in-space selfie.
Current Affairs: 5th March 2019
- Delhi has been ranked the most polluted capital in the world, while Gurugram is the most polluted city, according to a Greenpeace report.
- Virat Kohli broke former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting’s record to become the fastest to score 9,000 international runs as a captain. The Indian skipper achieved the milestone when he reached 22 runs against Australia during the second One-day International (ODI) in Nagpur. Virat Kohli reached the 9,000-run mark as a skipper in 159 innings while Ponting took 203 innings to reach the same figure.
Current Affairs: 2nd March 2019
- DRDO Chairman G Satheesh Reddy has been honored with the prestigious Missile Systems Award by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) for his excellence in the field of missile systems technology.
Current Affairs: 1st March 2019
- Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj attends the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation or OIC meeting. India for the first time addressed the OIC meeting in Abu Dhabi.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot Abhinandan Varthaman who was captured by Pakistan after an air encounter between the countries on Wednesday, returned to India.