6. Inclusion of children with special needs
A. is an unrealistic goal
B. is detrimental to children without disabilities
C. will increase the burden on schools
D. requires a change in attitude, content and approach to teaching
7. “Having a diverse classroom with varied social, children from economic and cultural backgrounds enriches the learning experiences of all students.” This statement is
A. incorrect, because it can confuse the children and they may feel lost
B. correct, because children learn many skills from their peers
C. correct, because it makes the classroom more hierarchical
D. incorrect, because it leads to unnecessary competition
8. A child with hearing impairment :
A. should be sent only to a school for the hearing impaired and not to a regular school
B. will not benefit from academic education only and should be given vocational training instead
C. can do very well in a regular school if suitable facilitation and resources are provided
D. will never be able to perform on a par with classmates in a regular school
9. Which of the following is a characteristic of a gifted learner?
A. He gets aggressive and frustrated.
B. He can feel under stimulated and bored if the class activities are not challenging enough.
C. He is highly temperamental.
D. He engages in ritualistic behavior like hand flapping, rocking, etc.
10. A teacher can enhance learning in her effective elementary classroom by.
A. offering rewards for small steps in learning
B. drill and practice competition
C. encouraging amongst her students
D. connecting the content to the lives of the students