16. Which of the following statements about prokaryotes is false?
A. Prokaryotic cells concentrate on important materials for the cells survival
B. The substance known as cytosol is found within the bacterial nucleus
C. Prokaryotic cells are much smaller than most eukaryotic cells
D. Ancient prokaryotes may have given rise to some eukaryotic organelles
17. What do dystrophin, utrophin, actin, and tubulin have to do with eukaryotic cell structure and function?
A. They are components in the reactions of photosynthesis
B. They all participate in the degradation of large amounts of ATP
C. They all participate in the production of large amounts of ATP
D. They are all embedded proteins in plasma membranes
18. In which of the following cell organelles, it is expected to find the biochemical reactions that harness energy from the breakdown of sugar molecules to synthesize large amounts of ATP?
D. Plasma membrane
19. Which of the following macromolecules are found in the plasma membrane?
A. Lipids and proteins only
B. Lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates
C. Proteins and carbohydrates only
D. Proteins only
20. Clearly defined nucleus, mitochondria in a large central vacuole and chloroplasts, indicate the group of organisms from